Adult Drug Court Grant Solicitation Resources
BJA Grant Applicant Overview
This webinar provided an overview of the 2015 Bureau of Justice Assistance Adult Drug Court Grant Solicitation. Discussion was held on eligibility requirements, application process and use of awarded funds. A review of the new Veteran Treatment Court violent offender inclusion rule was also provided.
- Webinar: FY 2015 BJA Drug Court Grant Solicitation Overview
- Presentation: FY 2015 BJA Drug Court Grant Solicitation Overview (PDF)
Health Care Reform
The changes brought forth by the Affordable Care Act will have significant implications for substance abuse treatment systems; including drug courts. The ACA publications and Resources are the most up-to-date resources and publications on the Affordable Care Act.
Research shows that drug courts work best for individuals who are both high-risk and high-need. These and fact sheets review research and evidence to assist programs in the proper targeting for their drug courts.
Evidence Based Practices
In order to ensure fidelity to the drug court model, it is important that programs utilize best practices. These websites and monograph provide research to guide drug courts in their efforts to reach a higher standard of operations.
- Quality Improvement For Drug Courts Monograph
- Translating Drug Court Research into Practice
- Office of Justice Programs - Crime Solutions Website
- SAMHSA's National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP website)
- SAMHSA's Guide to Evidence Based Practices
- The Multisite Adult Drug Court Evaluation
- Drug Court Practitioner Fact Sheet: Extended-Release Naltrexone
- Drug Court Practitioner Fact Sheet: Selecting and Using Risk and Need Assessments
- Tribal Healing to Wellness Court - Key Components
Documents and publications provided by the National Center for DWI Courts
- DWI Court Guiding Principles
- DWI Court Model Compliance Checklist
- Effective Alcohol Treatment Handout
Veterans Treatment Courts
Documents and publications provided by Justice for Vets.
Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts
The Tribal Court Clearinghouse is a project of the Tribal Law and Policy Institute and provides extensive information on tribal drug court specific resources.
Co-Occurring Disorder Courts
These resources will help you in the screening and treatment with clients in your Co-Occurring Court
Juvenile and Family Drug Courts
These are publications dealing with curent research in Family and Juvenile Drug Courts
- Family Drug Court Fact Sheet
- Need To Know: Research Update on Family Drug Courts
- Need to Know: Research Update on Juvenile Drug Courts
- Drug Court Review Vol. 7: Special Issue on Juvenile Drug Courts
- Juvenile Drug Courts: Strategies in Practice Monograph
Standards, 10 Keys and 7 Design Features
These resources describe the basic elements that define effective drug courts. The purpose of each aspect is explained along with guidance for implementation and performance benchmarks.
- Drug Court 10 Key Components
- Drug Court Ten Key Components to Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards Crosswalk
- The 10 Key Components and Corresponding BJA-NIJ Seven Program Design Features
- Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards Volume I
- Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards Volume II
- Dr. Douglas Marlowe Presentation on Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards
Medication Assisted Treatment
These resources provide an introduction to the use of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) in drug courts.
- Medication Assisted Treatment Course
- Medication Assisted Treatment in Drug Courts: Recommended Strategies
These resources will provide additional information on BJA approved trainings offered by NDCI, a listing of state drug court coordinators and the OJP Financial Guide.
- DOJ Grants Financial Guide
- NDCI Trainings
- State Drug Court Coordinators
- Grants.gov website
- NIJ website
- List of Active BJA Drug Court Grantees
- OJP Funding Resource Center
- NDCI Adult Drug Court Planning Initiative
Training and Technical Assistance Partners