- This event has passed.
CLAS Series Part 2: Serving Transgendered Population/Gender Non-Conforming Individuals
March 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The National Cultural and Linguistic Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards are intended to advance health equity, improve quality, and help eliminate health care disparities by establishing a blueprint for individuals as well as health and health care organizations to implement culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Define CLAS standards, themes, and recommendations
- Understand strategies for addressing ‘real-life issues’ and health equity impact among transgender and intersex populations
- Learn about providing quality and compassionate care for adults, adolescents, and children who identify as transgender or gender-diverse or questioning their gender identity
- Explore gender minority stress treatment principles and support strategies
- Address behavioral health care and related CLAS standards for service to transgender and intersex populations