- This event has passed.
Co-Occurring Disorders Series – Session 1: Cultural Humility
January 15 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
The goal of this project is to provide a standardized set of trainings and supervisory supports to service providing organizations that will: 1. improve outcomes for patients who have co-occurring disorders, 2. Improve organizational outcomes, staff morale, and organizational efficiencies.
- Review epidemiologic statistics relating to disparities in health and behavioral health in the United States
- Define the concept and rationale for cultural sensitivity/humility in behavioral health
- Discussected cultural and language issues, as well as bias and stereotyping, that contribute to racial and ethnic disparities in clinical care settings
- Identify key dimensions of person-centered care and the role played by communication in developing a therapeutic alliance
- Discuss selected clinical cases, challenges, and strategies for providing more culturally responsive and effective health care