- This event has passed.
Considerations for Developing a Child Welfare Drug Testing Policy and Protocol
February 15 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Please join the NCSACW and a panel of professionals from agencies with in-depth experience to learn more about developing a drug testing policy for child welfare agencies.
As parental substance use affects many families who come to the attention of child welfare, drug testing is one tool child welfare often uses as a component of their assessment procedures when working with parents. Developing clear and consistent drug testing policy and practice protocols can be challenging. Coordinating and collaborating with substance use disorder (SUD) treatment providers and the courts can support child welfareâ€™s development of policies and protocols. Our panelist will share their experiences and lessons on how their communities developed their approach.
The session also features two new NCSACW resources:
- Brief 1: Considerations for Developing a Child Welfare Drug Testing Policy and Protocolâ€”Helps child welfare agencies develop drug testing policy and protocols
- Brief 2: Drug Testing for Parents Involved in Child Welfare: Three Key Practice Pointsâ€”Offers practice considerations for working with families affected by SUDs
Please join this webinar to learn:
- Key action steps to develop a child welfare drug testing policy
- Strategies to mitigate challenges child welfare agencies encounter when developing drug testing policies and protocols
- Important practice points in the use of drug testing while working with families affected by SUDs