- This event has passed.
Delivering Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Care in a Mental Health Setting
January 13 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
By the end of this session, the learner will be able to:
- Examine three ways healthcare professionals can address mental health among ethnically diverse patients and families.
- Identify a Trauma-Informed Framework for delivering care to refugee and immigrant communities and apply three elements of the model using case scenarios.
- Describe three stressors that refugees face during their migration process, with specific attention to pandemic challenges.
- State at least one stigma associated with delivery of mental health care in refugee and immigrant communities.
- Identify three resources for mental health providers to learn about refugee and immigrant communities.