- This event has passed.
Delivering Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Care in a Mental Health Setting
January 6 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
By the end of this session, the learner will be able to:
- Identify two strategies to effectively identify your patients’ cultural and language needs.
- State two tools or resources to help meet their cultural and language needs, specifically during time of pandemic precautions.
- Describe one of the regulatory drivers of language access and services.
- Analyze relevant case studies in order to apply one strategy to address the cultural and language needs of patients, specifically those with substance use disorders.
- Recognize two infrastructure elements needed to deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Identify two clinical areas and touch-points where language services are critical.
- Explore collaborative solutions between providers and interpreting staff and name two.