- This event has passed.
Launch of Rural Community Toolbox Website
June 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy will launch a new tool for rural communities affected by drug addiction in a virtual event on Wednesday, June 24.
The Rural Community Toolbox includes new and existing federal resources to help communities fight addiction with strategies designed for rural areas. The toolbox includes the Rural Community Action Guide and Community Assessment Tool, two companion tools that provide data and recommended action steps for building effective grassroots solutions to the addiction crisis.
The live launch event features the following speakers:
- James Carroll, director, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Kellyanne Conway, assistant to the president and senior counselor
- Admiral Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Bette Brand, deputy under secretary for rural development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Betty-Ann Bryce, rural health liaison, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Gary Moore, judge executive of Boone County, Kentucky and first vice president of the National Association of Counties
- A.J. Louderback, sheriff, Jackson County, Texas