Motivational Interviewing Foundation: Technical skills
February 11 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Great Lakes MHTTC and ATTC offer this training for behavioral health professionals in HHS Region 5: IL, IN, Mi, MN, OH, and WI.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based practice used to help people overcome their ambivalence about change. In this interactive, skills-based workshop, participants will have the opportunity to learn about and practice the spirit of MI and both the relational and technical skills.
- Define and summarize the processes of focusing and evoking
- Identify different strategies for focusing and prepare to apply them to client interactions
- Define and recognize change talk, sustain talk and discordance
- Differentiate between client cues of readiness, ambivalence, and discordance
- Construct effective responses to different client cues
- Design a plan for advancing individual MI skills
This is a three-part series, and participants will need to attend all three sessions. The trainings dates and times are:
February 11, 2021
February 18, 2021
February 25, 2021