- This event has passed.
Work Smarter, Not Harder: Incorporating a Drug Testing Program that Impacts Behavior Change for Long-Term Recovery
October 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
During this webinar, you will learn how the Maricopa County Adult Probation Department (MCAP) transitioned from dated drug testing techniques to innovative, research-driven procedures for probation, pretrial and treatment courts encompassing NADCP Best Practice Standards. You will learn “where they were” and “where they are now” with the culture shock of a new provider and the transition they made toward a therapeutic approach across all programs in MCAP. The presenters will discuss the criteria that was essential in selecting a new provider for a research-driven program that has taken them beyond just positive or negative test results, but rather in utilizing data to determine behavior patterns and compliance that drives better outcomes. While adapting to these new changes at MCAP, a pandemic occurred of unknown duration, and they have had to focus their attention on testing solutions that allow their clients to continue testing safely to avoid relapse, overdose and death.
• Learn how to work smarter, not harder with your drug testing program to impact behavior change.
• Learn how to incorporate evidence-based practices based on NADCP Best Practice Standards.
• Learn how a therapeutic approach can be implemented with probation and treatment.
• Learn how data drives effective results for your participants.
• Learn what testing solutions are being used during this pandemic that keeps clients and staff safe.