When the topic of trauma arises, many people initially think of veteran populations. However, traumatic experiences can result from a variety of events throughout a person’s life, including childhood neglect and abuse, sexual assault and community violence. A person exposed to any traumatic event or diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has an increased chance of developing a substance abuse disorder, which in turn may lead them to become a participant in a treatment/problem solving court.
This webinar will cover:
- Background on Trauma and the Principles of Trauma-Informed Care
- Trauma and Addiction
- Screening and Assessing for Trauma
- A Trauma-Informed Courtroom: Communication, Processes and Procedures, and the Court Environment
- Trauma Programs/Treatment Interventions
- Secondary Trauma/Self-Care
To watch a recording of this webinar, please visit our YouTube page by following this link.